Posted March 30, 2011 by admin
The Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration has updated its web site with the following:
- The first annual report on self-insured group health plans, available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/healthreform/#5
- 2011 Report (18 pages): http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/ACAReportToCongress032811.pdf
- Appendix A (40 pages): http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/ACA-ARC2011.pdf
- Appendix B (30 pages): http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/ACASelfFundedHealthPlansReport032811.pdf
- Fact Sheet on Definition of the Term “Fiduciary”, available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/newsroom/fsfiduciary.html
- Taking the Mystery Out of Retirement Planning – A Focus on Women & Retirement Webcast, information and registration available at http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=301567&s=1&k=65A6A95A461C5293DD249BDF5256B72C
- COBRA and HIPAA Compliance Workshop in Chicago, information available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/Chicagoworkshop2.pdf
Understanding Your Fiduciary Responsibilities Under ERISA Workshop in Chicago, information available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/Chicagoworkshop1.pdf
Posted March 15, 2011 by admin
Clients and Friends continue to ask us if the Federal CLASS program is underway, or ready. Are there details? When will we know something? Well HHS has heard you. The Department of Health and Human Services’ AOA (Administration on Aging) has established the Office of Community Living Assistance Services and Supports (CLASS Office), under the direction of the Assistant Secretary for Aging, manages the Community Living Assistance Services and Supports (CLASS) Program. Details of the CLASS benefit should be publicly available by October 1, 2012.
Posted March 14, 2011 by admin
If you want to see 10 pages of health reform in a 1 page timeline (well, 1 page for Employers and 1 page for Employees) then please visit our website (www.crawfordadvisors.com). But, if you are looking for details specific to just a certain year or plan, then you can’t do better than this implementation timeline from The Kaiser Family Foundation.